Now that I have started this blog, I seem to see situations a bit differently. This blog has given me the opportunity to reflect on everything I do in life which consequently gives me the opportunity to try and change the things I do in life. So what I have realised recently is that Selfishness Hinders A Positive Attitude. This is because, when we want our way and only our way with something, when it doesn't happen, we tend to get unhappy with the situation. We think that because we haven't got our own way, this is a bad thing. So because we are focussing on what we wanted and how we didn't get it we may get upset, annoyed or even angry. We then don't enjoy the situation we are in because of how we we are now feeling.
Here is an example: I was at my boyfriend's house and he wanted to watch the footy. I understand guys love their fotty and that was fine. So we sat there and watched the entire match. (I am quite happy with my achievement, I didn't fall asleep.) Anyways afterwards we went to his room. I expected to spend some nice time with just him now. (We had been watching the game with his two housemates.) We stayed in his room very briefly but then came back out again. I was a little disappointed and upset because this was not what I wanted. I then didn't enjoy the last bit of my night because I was being so negative. Again a negative attitude creates a negative outcome.
This kind of example is not a one off. It seems to be that whenever I am selfish, focussing on myself, my wants, and I don't get my way, I begin to develop a negative attitude. This negative attitude leads to a negative outcome. If I can be less caught up in what I want and just enjoy what life brings I know there will be better outcomes for me, the people around me and of course I will glorify God.
Thanks for reading :)
No comments:
Post a Comment